March 8 marks International Women’s Day and Blue Point Brewing Company is marking the day by honoring Long Island women entrepreneurs.
Blue Point Brewing’s 2nd Annual Nancy Brew Scavenger Hunt will run this whole until March 13.
Twenty-five women-led businesses and organizations across Long Island and Brooklyn will be participating, including Blue Point’s general manager, Carrie Shafir.
The goal is to generate awareness and potential revenue for these small businesses, as well as celebrate local women in business and beer, an announcement reads.
Participation in the scavenger hunt is free to all who register, but spots are limited and only open to the first 200 people who sign-up.
Here are the rules: scavengers and their “Nancy Brew crews” have until Saturday to visit eight of the participating businesses this week (listed below), some of which will be offering special discounts.
A clue book will be provided to guide groups to these locations where they will collect stamps to win prizes.
After visiting eight locations, participants must return to Blue Point Brewing Company no later than 9 p.m. on Saturday to claim an exclusive Nancy Brew Pint Glass and a free beer.
The women of Blue Point also collaborated and brewed “Nancy Brew,” a chamomile honey wheat beer that’s now available at the Patchogue brewpub.
“We’re so excited to get the word out on such a creative event where you can finally have the opportunity to do something outside of your house, and celebrate the work of our local female leaders,” said Shelby Poole, communications representative of Blue Point Brewing Co.
- The Better Man Distillery, Patchogue
- CrossFit Babylon, Babylon
- Down the Rabbit Hole, Sayville
- NoFoDoCo, Mattituck and Bay Shore
- Picnic, Brooklyn
- Disco, Brooklyn
- Patchogue-Medford Library
- Enjoy the Ride Records, online
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- 27A Brewing, Lindenhurst
- Made by Taylor Victoria, online
- Madamoiselle Patiserrie, Patchogue
- Say More Boutique, Patchogue
- Po’Boy Brewing, Port Jefferson
- Jackson’s, Commack
- Morrison’s, Plainview
- What’s For Dinnah, Sound Beach
- The Cheese Patch, Patchogue
- Talea Beer, Brooklyn
- Someday Bar, Brooklyn
- The Album Shoppe, online
- Tranquility Within, Patchogue
- Smallcakes Cupcakery, Patchogue
- KG Health + Fitness, online
Top: Nancy Brew photo courtesy of Blue Point Brewing Co.