It’s time to rock the South Shore.
The Great South Bay Music Festival at Patchogue’s Shorefront Park begins on Thursday, July 18, and runs until Sunday, July 21.
Each day is filled with a variety of acts and vendors.
Before heading to this year’s event, here is what you need to know.
- Thursday: 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 10 p.m
- There is no re-entry on any given day after exiting the festival.
Tickets for beer or wine are cash only, but there are ATMs on premises.
There will be over 60 acts of mixed genres performing on four stages over four days.
Here are the headliners:
- Taking Back Sunday (Thursday)
- Slightly Stoopid (Friday)
- Lotus (Saturday)
- America (Sunday)
Sublime w/ Rome is also performing Friday night.
Each year the festival has a range of vendors, from clothes to handcrafted goods to food and beverage.
- There will be free street parking available in and around the event location.
- Paid parking ($15 per car) is open a half block to the north near Leo Street and Rider Avenue. Limited spaces available. (Take S. Ocean Ave., Make Left on Leo St. to Rider Ave.)
Spots are limited, get there early.
- Handicap parking is located by the festival’s entrance on Smith Street.
- Ultra V.I.P. and V.I.P. parking is available on Rider Avenue at additional cost.
- There are no age requirements for the music festival.
- All children ages 10 and under enter free for general admission.
- Unless you have V.I.P tickets, it is recommended to bring a lawn chair or towel to sit on during the show.
- Sunblock, hats, sunglasses, and bug spray are a must during the summer days and evenings on the water.
Top: 2018 Great South Bay Music Festival file photo. (Benny Migliorino)