Update: Due to potential rain, Bayport-Blue Point Chamber of Commerce postponed the St. Patrick’s Day parade to March 24 at 11 a.m.
Outside of the date, the details of the parade will remain the same.
original story below
The Bayport-Blue Point Chamber is celebrating 29 years of its huge St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
This year’s parade steps off at 11 a.m. on Sunday, March 10, at the corner Snedecor Avenue and Montauk Highway in Bayport and ends down Blue Point Avenue in Blue Point.
The 2019 Grand Marshal is Lenore Ringer-Prezioso of the chamber.
“The ever amazing Lenore really loves the Bayport-Blue Point St. Patrick’s Day Parade since the very minute she joined the chamber,” reads the Chamber of Commerce event listing on Facebook. “Her Irish enthusiasm is contagious and she spends every year tirelessly working hard to make each parade the best possible.”
IF YOU GO
• The staging area is on Snedecor Avenue, south of Railroad Avenue.
• The reviewing stand is at Bell Avenue and Montauk Highway, with bleachers across the way.
• Road closures begin at 10 a.m.
• Residents on Park Street, Blue Point Avenue and Snedecor Avenue are asked to park their cars in their driveways.
• Check back at GreaterPatchogue that evening for 20 photos from the day.
• Use the hashtag #BBPParade2019 to post your parade photos.
Below are more photos from 2018: