It’s time to rock the South Shore.
The Great South Bay Music Festival at Patchogue’s Shorefront Park begins on Thursday, July 12, and runs until Sunday, July 15.
Each day is filled with a variety of acts and vendors.
If you haven’t bought tickets yet, you can buy them online or at the box office. For each ticket purchased, $1 is donated to the Stony Brook University Cancer Center Fund.
Before heading to this year’s event, here is what you need to know.
- Thursday: 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday (for Imagination Movers ticket holders): 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday (general admission): 1:30 p.m. to 10 p.m
- There is no re-entry on any given day after exiting the festival.
Tickets for beer, wine or Truly-brand spiked seltzer are $8 each and it’s cash only; there are ATMs on premises.
There will be over 60 acts of mixed genres performing on four stages over four days.
Here are the headliners:
- Sublime With Rome
- Umphrey’s McGee
- Dickey Betts Band
Each year the festival has a range of vendors, from clothes to handcrafted goods to food and beverage.
- There will be free street parking available in and around the event location.
- 10$ per car paid parking is open a half block to the north near Leo Street and Rider Avenue. Limited spaces available.
- The Vanguard Hose Co. firehouse will be offering $10 parking at 11 Park Street, nearby.
- Handicap parking is located by the festival’s entrance on Smith Street.
- Ultra V.I.P. and V.I.P. parking is available on Rider Avenue at additional cost.
- There are no age requirements for the music festival.
- All children ages 10 and under enter free for general admission.
- Unless you have V.I.P tickets, it is recommended to bring a lawn chair or towel to sit on during the show.
- Sunblock, hats, sunglasses, and bug spray are a must during the summer days on the water.
Top Photo: Rusted Root at the Great South Bay Music Festival last year. (Photo from Benny Migs Photo.)