The 11th installment of the Great South Bay Music Festival gets started on Thursday, July 13, at Shorefront Park in Patchogue.
The musical event runs through Sunday, July 16, and will include a wide variety of acts and vendors.
If you haven’t yet grabbed tickets, they are still available online.
According to its website, the festival organizers will be donating $1 from each ticket to the “GSB Music – Stony Brook University Cancer Center Fund.”
“To date, Great South Bay and our GSB family (you), have raised over $190,000 to fight cancer,” reads the site.
Shorefront Park is located on 99 Smith Street in Patchogue (map below).
Here’s what else to know for the event:
• There is no re-entry on any given day after exiting the festival.
- Thursday: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday: 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday (for Imagination Movers ticket holders): 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday (general admission): 1 p.m. to 10 p.m
There will be approximately 60 acts of mixed genres performing on four stages over four days.
Here are five headliners:
Each year the festival has a range of vendors, from clothes to handcrafted goods to food and beverage.
Here are some vendors:
- Harvest Power and the Patchogue-Medford Library are teaming up to have a portable device charging station. Look out for the library’s giant beach ball floating in the sky. They will even have locked stations, so you can charge and party at the same time.
- Ethnic and Groovy is going to have handmade products for sale, like clothing and jewelry.
- The Meetball Place will have their traditional meatball dishes available throughout the fest.
- Sticky Waffles is set to sell their signature gourmet waffles on a stick.
- For a refreshing treat, Ralph’s Italian Ices will be selling their well-known ices and other frozen treats.
- There will be free street parking available in and around the event location.
- 10$ per car paid parking is open a half block to the north near Leo Street and Rider Avenue. Limited spaces available.
- Handicap parking is located at the festival’s entrance on Smith St.
- Ultra V.I.P. and V.I.P. parking is available near the entrance at additional cost.
Top Photo: 2016 at the Great South Bay Music Festival. (file